My morning...an honest confession.

I just started this blog last week. A lot of people don't even know I started it yet.

I really want to be an encouragement to others, to help you get your homes organized and less stressful. But please know, I DO NOT have it all together....far from it in fact, and this morning is the perfect example of how even people who think they have things organized are not as organized as they believe.

This morning my husband left for work...a few minutes later he called me asking me to run out our tenants rent check to him so he would have it when it's time for deposit. I look at the kitchen counter where I last saw it, only to find it GONE!

I do a quick look in some drawers, in my purse, in the cupboards, and do not find it. I'm not stressed yet because there are other places to look.

I have been looking, over and over and over again for about 3 hours now. In the process I have re-arranged one of my closets because I realized how disorganized it was. I also realized how disorganized my home filing system is (in the process of looking through all those bills and receipts that are waiting to be filed, in hopes the check got mixed up in there)

All the while thinking thoughts like, "How can you help others? You can't keep your own things straight!" "How can you call yourself organized when the closet looks like THIS?" "How can you be a blessing? You are so frazzled right now! What if you go and help someone organize their home and then they can't find anything?" Oh, the enemy was having a hay day with me.

Then I started to realize, hey, I'm not perfect. Mistakes happen in life everyday. Sometimes these mistakes are not seen, sometimes they will involve you calling your tenant, apologizing and asking them for a replacement check. It's OK!

Truth is I'm human.  I do not have it all together in my home. Yes I feel like I am quite organized and can be good at preparing for the day ahead, but life will happen, and not everyday will go smoothly. Things will get lost, deadlines will not be met, but encouragement can always be passed along. That is why I'm here.

Comments

Popular Posts