Sorry Honey, Technology Is Going Away For A While

I have this little problem in my home and I am sure I am not alone...well...I really HOPE I'm not alone or I will feel like a really bad momma!

I have 3 kiddos that LOVE TECHNOLOGY! The second they wake up they are sneaking off with my husbands IPhone to play games. One of my sons is CONSTANTLY asking to play video games. My daughter is asking to watch a movie...and it goes on, and on, and on, and on.

This is NOT COOL! I have technology junkies for children!!!!

And honestly..it's totally my fault.

"Honey, I'm a little busy right now, here's Daddy's phone. Go play a game for a few minutes."
"Baby, you need to sit nice at this resturant...here's Daddy's phone, play a game so you sit still till the food gets here"
"Sweets, I need to get the house cleaned up before dinner. How about you watch a movie or play a video game?"

GUILTY OF ALL! How EASY is it to just toss technology in front of the kiddos to keep them busy, or quiet, so I can get something done!

The kicker was this past Sunday as I was leading worship at church. There I am singing and encouraging the congregation into the presence of the Lord, only to see my son jumping up and down in the front row.

My first thought was "How wonderful! He is really getting into this song! Awesome!" Then I noticed the jumping was followed by the action of using an IPhone...which was in my purse beside his seat. He was trying to get my attention to see if he could use the phone during WORSHIP!!!!

OK, wow. Time to change things up around here. So I am just plain old going to take away the technology for a while. Remind the kids they have TOYS! BOOKS! OUTDOORS! IMAGINATIONS!

So friends, please pray for me as I journey into the next few days of not allowing my kids to use technology! They will grumble, they will whine, they will say I'm mean.

But I hope they will also learn there is more enjoyable things to do in their spare time then to just stare at a screen.

Comments

  1. Good for you! I may be hard, but in the end it will be SO worth it if you can stick it out. Just keep praying for wisdom and CREATIVITY! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts