I am a good Mom, and you are too!

This afternoon I had a neighbor say I was a good mom.

I said thank you, but I didn't believe her.

Why? Because I was thinking of every parenting fail I had experienced instead of thinking of the parenting successes.

And don't we do that so often? Instead of accepting a compliment and being encouraged, we instead look to the faults in ourselves and beat ourselves down.

We are not perfect. And we need to stop trying to be!

Thankfully we have a God full of grace and forgiveness to help us get through our mess ups and imperfections.

I mess up as a mom. But I also have a lot of success as a mom. I have a lot of wins to go along with the losses.

My kids are my life. My family is my mission field. I love my kids hard every day. I love being a stay at play home schooling momma and it also exhausts me. It brings me huge amounts of joy, but it also brings me to tears at times.

But at the end of the day, I'm a good mom.

And YOU ARE TOO!

Comments

Popular Posts