A Love Letter To Miss F

My beautiful GIRL!

You, my love were my dream come true.

10 years ago I held you in my arms for the first time and life changed. Life was not about me anymore. It was all about you.

My dream of being a Mum had come to life! And I had no idea what to do!

I had you named since I was young. I dreamed of a daughter named Faith. But really that was where the dream ended. Maybe because I had no idea what being a mom was all about. Maybe because we had to learn those lessons together on the journey.

You are my first born and my leader! You love to boss those little brothers of yours around! Not to be mean, but because you care so much. Your heart is huge. You freak out when Mr. N gets too close to the corner. You get nervous when the rules are not followed. You protect the boys, always looking out for them.

You thrive off routine and you need your days laid out for you. You need to know what happens next. The unknown is not a comfortable place for you. You are a lot like me...we even look alike!


I love you athletic and competitive spirit. You are a lover of sports, tree climbing, swimming, and you are a master on the monkey bars! You work hard, and I remember when you were in gymnastics the teachers had to keep making you stop working on your skills as they feared you were going to burn yourself out. You are an animal lover and I know you would love to own a whole zoo of animals. Maybe someday we will get a dog? And maybe someday you will be a dolphin trainer! Dream big!






I really can't believe you are 10 already. We are heading into a new phase of life. The little girl is beginning to disappear and a beautiful young woman is beginning to emerge. I am begging life to slow down a bit...can you stay a little girl just a bit longer? Can you go back to the little girl with the chubby cheeks and the cute little voice that mispronounced words?



I love your heart Miss F. Keep loving people. But most importantly keep loving the Lord. Show His love to those around you, that's what we're here for. Live life with passion and keep loving the outdoors and the beautiful playground God gave you. Keep writing beautiful songs of praise, and keep singing them to us! Keep the song in your heart and the bounce in your steps.



I adore you my only daughter. You are so special. I mean it when I tell you that you shine like a star.

I love you.
Momma



Comments

  1. Ah, I had to tear up at this. I also have only 1 daughter and she is such a treasure. Thank you for sharing at the Art of Home-Making Mondays this week :) We are glad to have you join in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts