Our workbox method...Work Binders.

In prior years, we have used the "workbox" method. But due to the fact that we live in 900sq ft we made our boxes folders instead.

But this year I wanted to do something different. Still using the workbox method but not with folders that were getting lost or misplaced in their work drawers.

So this year we are trying "Work Binders"


When the kids open their binders, they find their student planners right in the front that has all assignments for the week laid out for them. I am doing this hoping to encourage some independent work. Although I do have a daily schedule for each child, if they want to switch it up and work on science first instead of math, I'm cool with that. As long as all the work gets completed that day.
 Any worksheets assigned for the day will be found on the "file folder" side of the binder. As you can see there is also a spot for a pen and pencil in the built in case there. I also hold the kids readers in this area right behind the pencil case.
 This is how it looks all closed up and nice and neat.
 Now we will look to the other side of the binder. I have put these dividers in for each subject.
 Once the kids are finished with their worksheet (if there is one) they will place it in the folder on the front of the divider. This tells me it's complete and ready for me to mark and file. Once it's marked, I simply hole punch and file in the correct section of the binder. Easy peasy.
 For us not all subjects have worksheets. For example, science and history I have the kids complete the questions in the text book. For this I have a notebook in the binder ready for them to grab and complete their work in.

Once the kids are done for the day, I simply mark work, file and reload for the next day. On Friday or Sunday I make sure their student planners are all laid out for the next week.

We have been using this method for a month so far, and it's working well. I have a file box with all the workbooks/teacher books that I have tucked away. The kids textbooks that they need are in their desks. It has really helped to keep our homeschool items tidy and not taking over the house.

Hope this has been helpful to you!


Comments

Popular Posts