An Attitude of Gratitude.

Today I woke up on the WRONG side of the bed.

I was MISERABLE!

There are certain things and situations in life that are not perfect. (isn't that all the time?) And I just woke up thinking about these things and became SO NEGATIVE!

Honestly, I was an emotional mess most of the morning. I was sitting in my awesome pitty party for 1. It got kinda lonely and old and I had to pull myself together as the kids were asking for food and wondering why mom was taking so long in the shower.

Yes, that's my pitty party spot...the shower. The place where I can possibly be alone for 5 minutes to get my emotional meltdown out. Whenever the emotions are taking over, that's the spot I run to.

Kids knocking at the door 2 minutes in. The pitty party would have to end a bit early today and I would have to try to pull myself together.

After a while, I did pull myself together. I got some feelings out that were being bottled in. Sometimes a girl just needs to have a good cry, can I get an AMEN?

But something else I did was look at my situation with GRATITUDE. No matter what,
THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE GRATEFUL FOR!


Just a few of the items that I listed:

Daddy God: Hello! The one you can lean on day and night. Just a prayer away. A time in the Word away. A worship song away. So many ways to connect with your Daddy God when all is not peaches and roses.

Healthy, happy kids: My kids are happy. My kids are healthy. That alone, right there is enough. Thank you Jesus.

Understanding Husband: yes the family schedule has been nuts over the last month, and the hubs has had a lot of out of town projects, but even when he's miles away he knows how to knock some sense back into me and help me think logically again.

My beautiful City: I live in one of the most beautiful cities in America (in my opinion). I am close to the beach (my calm happy place) and the sun is almost always shining. I just need to open the windows and let the beauty of California pour into my home.  I can walk just steps to see the beauty of the bay and the city skyline. It's therapy.

Friends: Nothing like a chat with a girlfriend to help things out. To be reassured you are not crazy and emotions are part of life!

So when life is not going as you want, if something is troubling you. Remember there is always something good to cling to. Something to be grateful for.

I used to write out 3 things I am grateful for daily. Maybe I need to get back to that and remind myself again.

Comments

Popular Posts