The Joy of Being Home

Our little household has been doing a lot of travel lately. The hubs has been traveling for work and it's been wonderful that the kids and I can join him on these trips!

But let me tell ya, there is no place like HOME!

Being away has taught me that I love HOME more then I thought I did. Don't get me wrong, hotels are fun, and having maid service daily is awesome! I enjoyed those days of not making beds and sweeping floors!

But at the end of the trips, I just wanted my own bed...my own kitchen...my familiar space.

There is a reason why they say "Home is where the heart is" because it's true. Your heart is in your home. The atmosphere of your home is a reflection of you, and your family. I love the feeling of comfort I get when I walk through my front door. I love that I look around and see pictures of the people who are most important to me hanging on the walls. I love the fridge decorated with the kiddos latest art projects. I love having everything I need in this one space.

I live in a really small apartment. 900sq feet to house the 5 of us. People think we're crazy to live in such a small space. But it draws us closer. There is no "other end of the house" to escape to. No upstairs or downstairs to hide. We face each other and each triumph and obstacle as soon as it hits. And I love that.

I love home. I love family. It is my heart beat and my passion...so I guess I should not be surprised that I miss home so much when I am away.

Comments

Popular Posts