What tone do you set in your home?

God opened my eyes recently.

I began to notice things in my home...things that should be obvious, that I should have seen sooner, but just looked over.

When I wake up early and get out for my morning run, my house suddenly comes alive! Bodies are up, people are energetic, my husband gets his run in before he leaves for work.

On the days I do not get up for my morning run, kids come into the bedroom and cuddle (which is not bad at all!) runs and workouts are missed, and we just have a lazy energy and are dragging ourselves through the morning. We are running behind and our day just isn't starting at it's best.

Same for our school day...

When I have a good attitude about school, our days are pretty much always great. The kids attitudes are in line and work gets done without too much complaining! ;)

If I'm off at all...a little grouchy, or just feeling blah, it carries into the school day. The kids feed off my energy...they get frustrated much more easily, and school can turn into a negative thing. And that is the LAST thing you want when you homeschool!

Do you see what I'm trying to say here? Momma, YOU SET THE TONE FOR YOUR HOME!

What tone do you want to set? I strive to have a home full of positivity and joy...but honesty I OFTEN fail. And our days turn into attitudes and tears...and not just on the kids end! Some days are hard and get the best of me...but doesn't that happen to most of us?

Sometimes it feels like more pressure...

"Great! Now I'm also responsible for setting the tone here? Don't I do enough already?"

Just pay attention when things in the home are going downhill. Go hide in the bathroom for 5 minutes...pray...analyze your day so far...how are YOU? How is YOUR ATTITUDE? What can you change to turn this day around. PRAY AGAIN! Ask the Lord to HELP YOU!

I pray that you all are aware of the tone that is set in your homes, and that you strive to have a tone of love and positivity, joy and especially love for the Lord.

Praying blessings over your day!

Linking up here: a-wise-woman-builds-her-home
Welcome Home Wednesdays
Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts