Welcome Back

I know it has been a very long time since I have posted on the blog.

I have been feeling a gentle nudge recently to come back. To be honest, I have been feeling it for a while, but I just ignored it. I figured I am simply "too busy" to have time for that. Also, who is really going to read it?

So here's the funny thing. I have a Making Home Joyful page on Facebook. Which also has not been touched in a very long time. And recently, I have been getting new likes on the page. So I figure at least this will be some content for those few new friends who have come across the Facebook page and blog. Welcome!! 

So here is how things are in the joyful home at the moment to be completely real and honest with you.....confusing. 

I have just finished working for the last 11 months. I stepped in while our church did a search for a new Children's Pastor so my husband (who is the Student Pastor) would not overwork himself to a state of burnout. What I anticipated being a couple of months was almost a YEAR! So I am navigating being back home full time. 

And STILL HOMESCHOOLING! Yes, even when I was working. Well, it was interesting. And we really need to buckle down in the new year and catch up a bit...lol. But the beauty of homeschool is it is what YOU make it, right? 

I am also navigating teenagers and tweens. This is whole new ball game for me. If you look in past posts you will see sweet little kid faces. Those faces now look like this:

Miss F is 14, Mr S is 13, and Mr N is 10!

So here I am now working on being back home full time and putting the priority back on home. 

Honestly, ministry really took over life for a while. I really enjoyed it and fell in love with it! God put a passion on my heart that I was not expecting! But at the same time, my family is my number 1 priority and I am so glad to be able to focus solely on them again. 

So yes, confusing. I feel in love with doing kids ministry. But it was not to be an all the time thing. So why did God put such a huge passion for it on my heart? Just to end up being back where I was before that season began?

I'm still mulling over that as you can tell. Maybe it was to reignite my passion for all things ministry? Maybe it was to lead me back to this little corner of the internet? Maybe it was to teach me I am capable of a lot more then I thought a year ago? I don't know. Maybe someday I will figure it out. 

Anyhow, I am glad to be back. I am excited to see what God places on my heart to share with you. I'm excited to journey this next season of life and see what unfolds. 

Happy New Year! What area you looking forward to in 2020?



Comments

Popular Posts