Fitting in Fitness


"I just don't have the time." Something I hear often when the topic of fitness comes up.

Do you love yourself?
Do you want to be able to keep up with your kids and play with them?
Do you want to have energy?
Do you want to look smokin hot for your man?

Then put a workout into your day!

I thought I would share my morning schedule to show you that yes, it can be done! Especially us stay at home moms, there really is not excuse to not get a workout in!

Right now my routine consists of running 2 - 3 times a week (couch to 5k app) and the P90X3 workout program. (daily)

Here is our daily routine:

6:30: Children wake up...and then wake me up...seriously can they sleep in ever?
6:45: Get the kids some breakfast, get ready to do my workout.
7:15: Get out the door for my run, this takes 30 minutes (on running days, usually Mon, Wed, Fri)
7:45: Get home and prep for workout, take care of any kids needs
8:00: P90X3 workout
8:30: DONE EXERCISE FOR THE DAY! Woot Woot! Happy Dance!

Ok, now I know not everyone can do this. I have a hubs who is home in the morning, giving me the freedom to do the runs. BUT whether he is home or not, I can still do the P90X workouts.

The key for us is to get the kids distracted during the 30 min P90X workouts. For our Bible time, we will have the kids watch a "What's in the Bible" video. So as we workout, the kids watch this and we have crossed off part of the Bible lesson for the day! If the kids are not feeling up to a video, we will have them either join us for the workout, or have a quiet reading time.

Other ideas include getting outside and taking the kids to a park and as they play, you do some exercises! Or get everyone out for a swim, a walk, or a hike. There are so many ways fitness can fit into your day. Set up some obstacles in your back yard and create a circuit training routine everyone can enjoy! The ideas can go on and on. Be creative!

It can be done! And I encourage you to find some time, and a program you enjoy that works for you! Taking good care of you results in taking good care of your family! xo


1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;  you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Comments

Popular Posts