Our First Week of School!

If you read my last post, you will remember that we have a possible move at the end of the month.

Can you move at a worst time of year? Really? Well, I guess Christmas would be worse....anyhow...

In anticipation of the move, I decided that starting school early would be smart. I hate to be behind and playing catch up, it is no way to start a fresh year!

Luckily I have 3 wonderful students who got EXCITED to hear we would start early! Miracles do happen!

Here are the students!

Miss F is entering Grade 4 and is a lover of animals and art!

Mr S is entering Grade 2 and is a master builder!

Mr N is our Kinder Kid who's obsessed with trains!

I was a little nervous starting the year...last year Mr N was in Preschool 2 days a week which helped so much! He is a bit of a wild child and hard to keep still long enough to do a lesson or activity. I really was not sure how he would respond. He surprised me by his excitement and his squeals of "My school Momma? My home school time?" He will happily sit for a short time, so I am learning my window of opportunity. All things to be fine tuned as we progress into the year.

Just remember, school is not perfect right away. Every year is new and has new challenges. You need to "find the good groove" every year and I pray it happens quickly for us, as well as for you!


Take the victories as they come! We completed week 1 with no tears! God at work right there! :)

I am praying weeks 2 - 40 go just as well! I know it will not be all peaches and roses, but I am praying for a really positive year with a lot of fun and discovery.

If you have already started your year, I am praying for you! And for those of you with a couple more weeks of vacation I pray you will take the time and really have fun and enjoy your families before the school grind starts again!

Linked up Here:
Golden Reflections, Gospel Homemaking, Graced Simplicity, Hope in Every Season
I Choose Joy, Joy Dare, Living Well Spending Less, Raising Homemakers, Serving Joyfully
The Deliberate Mom, The Modest Mom, Time-Warp Wife, Wholehearted Home, Wise Woman Builds

Comments

Popular Posts