Vacation...a time to refresh

I have not posted in a bit simply because I was on vacation!

BY MYSELF!!!

No kids, no husband...just me and an airplane ride to my native Canada to attend a conference and visit with family and friends.

And boy, did I need it!

Before I left I had a rough week....the kids were making me crazy, ministry issues were coming up around every corner, I was having constant headaches and I was beginning to feel a bit like the world was coming against me. Seriously, little me? Come on, go after someone more important I kept thinking...well pleading!

So my vacation was very welcomed...even though it was hard to leave the 3 tear-filled kids in the back of the car, which then caused me to also have tear-filled eyes, and guilt. I smiled weakly at my husband who assured me everything would be ok as he took a few pics to mark this historic event and off I went into the airport.

Once I got through security I hit vacation mode! I had books burning in my bag pleading to be read...I had peace and quiet.

I visited with family...went back to my old church..the place I got saved...then married...and the place we dedicated all 3 of our sweet blessings to the Lord. Although a lot of the faces are new, it still has a "home" feel. It was great to worship together, and to hear strong female voices for Jesus.

I got refreshed. I left Canada with a sense of "I can do this thing called life! And I can do the things God has placed in my heart" and I needed that. I needed this step away.

I also needed the comfort of seeing my closest friends with kids the same age as mine going through the same issues I was. Sometimes when you homeshool, you can tend to think your issues are because you homeschool. I think God planned this trip just in time for me. I really needed the encouragement. I really needed to take a breath and get HIM.

If you are having a rough go right now, just be encouraged that you are not alone. There are other mommas out there going through the same things! And when you can, just take a breath and take a few moment to be quiet with Jesus. He will fill you with love everlasting and encouragement for your heart. 

Comments

Popular Posts