Enjoying Your Everyday

***Note: This post is not a review of the book mentioned,  nor do I have an affiliation with the author. I have simply found something that has spoken to my heart that I wanted to share a bit about. It was a tool that helped me look at things in a new way.***


We had Spring Break a little early this year. Family was in town and I threw out my schedule and said OK, this week is break! Let's have fun and enjoy the time with family!

Today is our first day "back".

And I LOVE IT!

I find myself today really enjoying my "everyday". Yes, the laundry. Teaching the kids and encouraging them when they get "stuck". Listening to my boys play superheros. Rotating the dishes. Sweeping the crumbs from the kitchen floor.

Today I am loving it all a little more then usual.

Maybe it's the book I'm reading. I am currently in the middle of reading "1000 Gifts" by AnnVoskamp.


This book is rocking my world. And I'm only half way through reading it! It's opening my eyes to appreciate everything around me....to be thankful....I am looking at my world with new eyes.

And I wanted to share that encouragement to you, friends!!

I now carry a little notebook in my purse...and when those moments hit during my day I pull out my book and write them down. And really, (in my journey)  it's been noticing all the "little things" our huge God created. 

An couple of examples:
The other day we were hiking as a family. And where we were you could hear the wind do this really cool howling sound into the valley. Something I would not have stopped and noticed before. I stopped and sat quietly for a moment as the kids threw rocks into a lake and listened to the wind. I was blessed. I was in awe of my amazing God who created all that.

The playground. A place we are all familiar with, right mommas? Have you ever stopped to just listen to the laughter? It's such a sweet sound, and you can almost always find it in a park where children are playing and having a great time! It is music to the ears.


All this to say, take a step back and make sure you are enjoying your everyday. It can get repetitive, it can get boring. But when you look for the little blessings and seek those "moments" it can bring you new joy.  And who doesn't want more joy in their life?

Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/makinghomejoyful?ref=hl 
Twitter at @juliesnowden


 Linking up here: a-wise-woman-builds-her-home
Welcome Home Wednesdays
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Stopping over from the UBP! Nice to "meet" you. I'm on my second reading of Ann's book. I started recounting my gifts on my blog this year and sort of fell away from that. There is so much beauty to be had. I should start writing them down again! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I wasn't as keen on this book, but I am glad you are liking it.

    Every night before I got to bed I write in my Christian journal. The front half is set aside for my notes from the "Excellent Wife Devotional" I am reading and the back half is my daily "thankfulness list" Each day I record all the things I am thankful for - it might be rain, baking bread, a good day at work, being able to talk to my dad on the phone etc.. They aren't big things are things that matter to anyone else. But its very useful if you are having a bad day to find the good in the storm. here's my blog of being thankful:

    http://jo-stophaveachat.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/be-thankful-1.html

    Blessings:)
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from UBP...1000 Gifts has encouraged me & so many other moms. Glad you're reading it. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

    Kerry
    http://HowToHomeschoolMyChild.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts